Cat Care Assistant - Conrwall
Permanent, part time - 16 hours per week (to include weekends)
£7,385.74pa plus excellent benefits
(starting salary subject to experience)
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 190,000 cats and kittens through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 adoption centres and homing centres.
We are now recruiting for a part time Cat Care Assistant to join our team in the Cornwall Adoption Centre. You will be responsible for cleaning the sleeping quarters, feeding cats and taking care of specific individual needs, as well as responding to enquiries from the general public.
• To follow instructions from the Adoption Centre Manager or Deputy Manager on the day to day care of the cats in the adoption centre
• Day to day care of cats including the cleaning of accommodation, feeding, grooming, socialisation, microchipping and administration of medication in accordance with agreed standards and procedures
• To maintain accurate paper and electronic records to include admission, adoption, financial and veterinary information
• To adhere to all instructions in respect of the health, safety and hygiene of the working and cats environments in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and any other associated regulations currently in force, and to observe all hygiene requirements concerning
cat areas and equipment as instructed by the Manager or Deputy Manager, or by the Field Veterinary Officer or Training Manager
• Deliver and collect cats to and from a variety of locations including veterinary premises using the company vehicles provided
• Present a professional and friendly approach to customers and visitors to the Adoption Centre both face to face and on the telephone
• Assist customers to select a cat appropriate to their circumstances by providing accurate and relevant information and advice
• To assist with fundraising, raising awareness within the community and Cats Protection campaigns
• Ensure the suitability of potential homes by carrying out home visits and follow up visits as required
• Assist with the trapping, neutering and transporting of feral cats as required
• To undertake induction and continual training to keep skills and knowledge up to date as required by Cats Protection
• Actively promote the importance of donations, fundraising and other income to the general public and to work with others to increase income.
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with Cats Protection’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
• You must have a positive attitude, good organisational skills and enjoy working as part of team
• Experience of animal care is desirable
• Possession of a Full Manual UK Driving Licence is essential
To view the complete job description and person specification, please click apply online below.
Closing Date: 15 November 2018
Interview Date: TBC
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.