Safe and Well Technician
Salary: £20,541- £23,866 per annum Grade 3
Location: Service Headquarters, Calcot, Reading (mobile across Berkshire)
Excellent annual leave allowance of 24 days plus public bank holidays
Flexible working hours – full time 37 hours per week
Fixed term contract – 12 months
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the Service Delivery team as one of our ‘Safe and Well Technicians’.
The post holder will be required to uphold standards of safety, by undertaking safe and well home visits within the community and to assist the development of this area of Service work, contributing positively to the ‘Fire as a Health Asset’ strategy and enabling our communities to live safe and fulfilling lives.
The post holder will be responsible for liaison with managers and staff at all levels, working effectively with colleagues across the three Service Delivery Hubs and those at our Service Headquarters, to ensure safety interventions are delivered promptly. The post holder will also be required to liaise with partner agencies.
The key focus of the role is:
• To make appointments with members of the public efficiently and professionally.
• To carry out safe and well home visits, install smoke detectors and provide advice and guidance on preventing fires in the home.
• Assessment, provision and installation of a range of assistive technologies allowing individuals to live safely and independently in their own homes.
• To understand and implement the referral pathway processes and signpost to partner agencies, where need has been identified.
• To support the Service Delivery Hub and Adult Referral Programme (ARP) in the delivery of campaigns and events.
• To undertake specialist safe and well activities with partner agencies in support of individuals deemed most vulnerable.
Key role requirements:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including an exceptional telephone manner due to the high engagement aspect of this role.
• Good time management when working to deadlines.
• Good interpersonal and organisational skills – for example planning own workloads.
• Trustworthy and aware of their responsibilities in regard to the confidential nature of their work.
• Reliable, resilient and self motivated with a friendly and approachable manner.
• Computer literate using Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Able to work at heights off a small ladder.
• Able to work to install smoke alarms and other small items using hand tools.
• Have a flexible approach to working hours, which may encompass occasional evenings and weekend work.
• Holds and maintains a current EU driving licence (van provided for business use).
If you are interested in applying for this position click Apply Now.
For further details about the role, please contact Stewart Faulkner (Safe and Well Technician) at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a discussion.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Please note we do not accept applications via Agencies or CV’s without an accompanying application form.
Closing date for applications is 1700 hours Friday 30 November 2018.
It is anticipated that the interview process will run on 18 & 19 December 2018, please state on your application which interview date you would prefer.
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to equality of opportunity, and is actively seeking a more diverse workforce. If you are disabled and meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.