Job Title: Analyst, Infrastructure
Reports to: Investment Director, Infrastructure
Assist in the development, implementation and management of the agreed Portfolio and particularly the internally managed Private Markets- Infrastructure Portfolio. Build and stress test, appropriate internal financial models to monitor performance and prepare appropriate corresponding management reports to facilitate decision making forums. Build knowledge and capability across the investments function in order to support the wider team in the monitoring of external Private Markets- Infrastructure investment mandates in addition to carrying out other investment administration activities as directed for Executive Committee, Investment Committee and Board meetings.
1. Actively assist in the development, implementation, on-going monitoring and improvement of the internally managed Private Markets- Infrastructure strategy in accordance to the Investment Strategy Statement, Asset Class mandate and LGPS Regulations ensuring that all investments meet the level of expected returns.
2. Working with colleagues, contribute to LPPI’s stated objectives to close the funding deficit within agreed time frames by maximising expected returns from Private Markets- Infrastructure assets and ensure the LPPI’s investments are:
a. Consistent with the Fund’s investment aims/expected returns and within acceptable risks.
b. Managed by the ‘best of breed’ managers contributing to the manager selection whilst looking for new mandates and continually monitoring and reviewing existing managers against their respective levels of return.
c. Placed within appropriate funds which match the LPPI’s investment profile and cash flow requirements.
d. Providing value for money by managing the fund’s expense ratio efficiently.
e. Improving the fund managers’ accountability and asset transparency.
3. Support the wider team in all aspects of investment research, execution, administration and operational activities as directed.
1. To monitor the internally managed Private Markets- Infrastructure portfolio as directed by the Investment Director, Infrastructure.
2. To build, develop and maintain internal financial models for all direct Infrastructure holdings including other Private Market sector and strategy models as directed.
3. To analyse company accounts and financial statements, ensuring all holdings are appropriately stress tested in line with LPPI requirements.
4. Prepare and implement all administration, draft reporting, record maintenance (including corporate actions, dividend payments and reinvestments) associated with the Private Markets- Infrastructure Portfolio.
5. To prepare the voting and engagement process of all companies held in the Portfolio, with reference to the LPPI’s Investment Strategy Statement and chosen engagement themes.
6. To contribute to the due diligence process and prepare the appropriate accurate documentation to facilitate IC members decision making.
7. To assist the wider team in the monitoring of external Private Markets- Infrastructure portfolios.
8. Provide all necessary accounting and administration information to the Operations and Finance Team as directed in order to aid the preparation of annual accounts and Committee reporting.
9. Act as key liaison for all internal and external auditing matters arising in relation to the Private Markets- Infrastructure Portfolio.
10. To contribute to the quarterly and annual Private Markets- Infrastructure Portfolio reporting process and other reports as required and/or directed by senior team members.
11. To continually develop both knowledge and skill in the professional investments arena by maintaining up to date information in relation to market development and regulation changes, through the attendance of external seminars and other professional courses as necessary.
12. Actively support LPP’s equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, as directed
The post holder will demonstrate:
1. Ideally one to two years Private Markets- Infrastructure analytical experience gained within a relevant and similar organisation.
2. Degree level educated ideally gained within a business, finance and/or investment related discipline.
3. Ideally CFA qualified or working towards completion of CFA or other related qualification and willing to study further as necessary.
4. Capability to develop and follow an investment process based on the Investment Strategy Statement and demonstrable conformance therein.
5. Knowledge and skills to build, preferably unassisted, a fully integrated corporate financial model to support the due diligence process.
6. Fully versed in Private Markets- Infrastructure valuation techniques
7. Effective communication skills including the ability to influence and build good working relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
8. The ability to build positive and productive working relationships with fund managers and other external partners as required.
9. Good level of numerical, analytical and report writing skills including a working knowledge of MS office tools to assist in the communication of key messages and to facilitate discussions and decision making.
10. Ability to build professional network and seek business opportunities within respective asset classes.
11. A proactive, self-motivated team player who has the ability to manage a high personal workload with multiple deadlines.
12. An understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of LPP’s commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity.
Reasonable adjustment will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work.