Data Selections and Reporting Officer - Home-based
Full time, 35 hours per week
£29,617.01 per annum plus excellent benefits (starting salary is subject to experience)
FTC 12 months
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 190,000 cats and kittens through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 adoption centres and homing centres.
Here at Cats Protection we are looking for a Data Selections and Reporting Officer to manage, control and develop all fundraising aspects of the charity's CRM database and to help increase sustainable net income for Cats Protection.
1. Using the Faststats Campaign Management software, liaise with campaign managers from all areas of the organisation and at all levels in order to deliver targeted and cost effective communications and resolve communications clashes.
2. Using SQL Server Reporting Services and Intuitive Business Intelligence Dashboards, to develop, enhance & runs regular KPI reports to assist teams within fundraising with the planning of future activities.
3. Using Transact SQL Server, perform ad hoc SQL queries for data sets, investigating, trouble shooting and offering solutions.
4. To have direct contribution to the attainment of fundraising targets by providing targeted data selections and ad hoc analysis & reporting.
5. To support the Data Manager and Data Insight Manager the development and application of innovative analytical tools and approaches such as Life Time Value to help Cats Protection gain a robust understanding of supporters’ behaviour and ensure that supporters are being targeted based on their behaviour and profile.
6. To help develop a Data Support and Selections briefing and call log system. Create, maintain and review documentation relating to this system, inducting and training users as required.
7. Work with others in the Data & Insight team to promote best practice with regards using data, helping to embed data as a driver of decision-making within Cats Protection.
8. Working with others in the Individual Giving, Supporter Services and other teams, and with external suppliers as required, to continually improve the quality, accuracy and usability of the data we hold. Data must be handled in accordance with Cats Protection’s policies, sector best practice and in compliance with Data Protection legislation.
9. To ensure the accurate, efficient and effective management of the data flow into and out of the database and data interfaces with other systems.
10. With the Data Manager help facilitate, manage and build effective and professional working relationships with external suppliers to ensure smooth delivery of services. This will include the owner of the Catalyst database product (ABS), and Wood for Trees our data supplier
Closing Date: 21 August 2018
Interview Date: Week commencing 03 September 2018
To reward you, we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with Cats Protection’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive Officer.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.