Data Officer - Home-based
Full time, 35 hours per week
£26,022.48 per annum plus excellent benefits (starting salary is subject to experience)
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 190,000 cats and kittens through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 adoption centres and homing centres.
Here at Cats Protection we are looking for a Data Officer to manage, control and develop all fundraising aspects of the charity's CRM database and to help increase sustainable net income for Cats Protection.
1. Perform regular data imports in a timely and accurate manner that supports Cats Protection’s marketing and supporter care operations. Liaising with other teams and external suppliers as required.
2. Create, maintain and review documentation relating to import processes to ensure business continuity, inducting and training users as required. Work with others in the Data & Insight team to promote best practice with regards using data, helping to embed data as a driver of decision-making within Cats Protection.
3. Working with others in the Fundraising, Supporter Services and other teams, and with external suppliers as required, to continually improve the quality, accuracy and usability of the data we hold. Data must be handled in accordance with Cats Protection’s policies, sector best practice and in compliance with Data Protection legislation.
4. To directly contribute to the attainment of fundraising targets by providing targeted data selections and ad hoc analysis & reporting.
5. To liaise with campaign managers from all areas of the organisation and at all levels in order to deliver targeted and cost effective communications and resolve communications clashes.
6. To develop, enhance & run regular KPI reports to help fundraising teams plan future activities.
7. To support the Data Manager and Data Insight Manager to develop and apply analytical tools and approaches such as Life Time Value to help Cats Protection gain a robust understanding of supporters’ behaviour and ensure that supporters are being treated accordingly.
8. To assist the Data Manager work closely with the various Catalyst ‘champions’ within CP to ensure that training is delivered to agreed specifications and deadlines and to attend the Catalyst Control Group
9. To ensure the accurate, efficient and effective management of the data flow into and out of the database and the data interfaces with other systems.
10. With the Data Manager help facilitate, manage and build effective and professional working relationships with external suppliers to ensure smooth delivery of services. This will include the owner of the Catalyst database product (ABS), as well as agencies who support the charity’s direct marketing, donor recruitment and data analysis objectives.
11. To represent (where appropriate) CP at User Support Groups for the Catalyst product and attend relevant conferences/seminars on the development of CRM/Digital strategies for charities.
Closing Date: 21 August 2018
Interview Date: Week commencing 03 September 2018
To reward you, we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with Cats Protection’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive Officer.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.