Job Title: Animal Welfare Assistant
Location: Suffolk rehoming centre
Contract Type: Permanent, full time
Closing Date: 13 December 2018
What is the role?
We are currently recruiting for an Animal Welfare Assistant to work as part of our team delivering a first class customer experience, answering queries and matching and rehoming pets effectively and by presenting a professional and friendly approach both face to face and on the telephone.
Our Blue Cross team members will be passionate about animal welfare and have a desire to help pets and people. We are looking for success orientated individuals who will thrive on the challenge of working in and a Blue Cross rehoming centre.
This is a full time role of 42 hours per week on a locally agreed rota on weekends & bank holidays. For full details of this role please read the attached job description.
What is required?
• We are looking for people with the following:
• Valid manual driving licence, this role requires a significant amount of van driving
• Paid or voluntary employment with domestic animals
• Working with members of the public in a customer service environment
• Administrative skills, including computerised systems
• Experience of working to strict health and safety procedures
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
It would also be great if you had:
• Paid or voluntary employment in an animal welfare environment
• Experience of cash handling
What’s in it for me?
Working for Blue Cross is very rewarding; we have been dedicated to helping pets since 1897! We value our brilliant employees and offer competitive benefits including:
• Salary £15,910- £17,101 per annum
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Pension scheme
• Company Sick Pay
• Life Insurance
This is an internal only vacancy; please note that the successful candidate will be on the January 2018 terms and conditions. For more information on this role please read the attached job description.