Individual Giving Manager
Location: New York
Salary: $75,000 – 85,000 per annum
Closing date: Open until filled
Individual Giving Manager – The Role
As an experienced fundraiser, you are ready to take on a new challenge and develop your skills. At World Animal Protection, we can offer a unique opportunity to do that building a movement in defense of animals.
We have ambitious plans to grow annual revenue. As part of the team, you will play a key role in making that happen through planning and implementing a comprehensive strategy to acquire and cultivate one time and monthly donors with gifts of under $5,000. This is a hands-on role that will see you writing and editing copy for appeals and communications across direct mail, email, web, and telemarketing channels. It will involve extensive collaboration with colleagues across the organization, including other country offices. You will deliver on key metrics by coordinating and managing channel initiatives as well as delivering a positive supporter experience. Important will be the ability to build loyalty and retain donors through high-quality stewardship. You will also monitor and measure effectiveness as well as produce regular reporting.
Individual Giving Manager – Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Build and manage a multi-channel, fundraising program aimed to acquire and develop one time and monthly donors
• Execute a wide variety of integrated fundraising campaign tactics across direct mail, email, web and telemarketing channels
• Serve as the lead point of contact and manager of the organizations digital and direct mail agency
• Write and edit copy for appeals and donor communications, maintaining brand standards
• Manage the Individual giving channel budget and revenue forecasting, meeting all targets.
• Develop robust donor segmentation and optimization testing strategies and monitor and deploy results.
• Ensure one time and regular giving donors are upgrading, reactivating and converting through various campaign tactics
• Assist in the launching of new fundraising channels, such as mobile giving.
• Oversee the mid-level giving program, boosting revenue expectations
• Collaborate closely with the US communications and program teams to represent the work we are doing to donors.
• Ensure regular monitoring and reporting of results to the development director and team
• Represent the US office in various global individual giving meetings and work closely with the international fundraising office and peer colleagues to find efficiencies and take advantage of shared learning
• Other duties as defined by supervisor
Individual Giving Manager – Requirements
• Minimum of 5 years of successful fundraising experience, including working with direct marketing and online fundraising channels.
• Track record of achieving defined revenue goals and managing budgets.
• A positive “can-do” attitude and teamwork mindset
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to manage frequent competing deadlines and priorities
• Proactive, flexible and team-first mindset
• Proficient in data analysis
• Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge and Every Action is preferred
• Knowledge of animal welfare issues a bonus!
How to Apply
If you want to be part of our dynamic organization and help us move the world to protect animals, then please send us a copy of your resume, salary expectation and cover/motivation letters addressing your skills and experience relative to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we will not be acknowledging receipt of your application. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
World Animal Protection is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the advertised location at the time of application or be in the process of securing the right to work in the advertised location.
Who are we?
We are World Animal Protection.
For over 50 years we have moved the world to protect animals.
We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
We stop the exploitation of wild animals for entertainment and profit. We protect pets and working animals in communities across the globe. We campaign for better farm animal welfare and fight against factory farming. We also help animals when disaster strikes.
Our vision is a world where animals live free from suffering. We are working to help people to see how important animals are to all of us.
We are determined to influence decision-makers to put animals on the global agenda and inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better. Today we’re working on projects to end animal suffering by helping governments and communities to protect and care for their animals.
Why Work for us?
We move the world to protect animals globally but there are many other reasons to join our organization. We are a truly global organization with offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, India, Kenya, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden, Thailand, UK and USA. We employ over 380 people globally covering campaigns, media, fundraising, operations, finance, administration and human resources.