3rd Line Support Engineer (3 Month FTC)
Up to £350 per day
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation. We’ve moved from outsourced to in-house infrastructure support and, as such, are looking for a 3rd Line Support Engineer to join us on a three month fixed-term contract.
As a 3rd Line Support Engineer, you will:
- Provide 3rd line support to our user base across three sites
- Help to prepare for our infrastructure migration to Azure hosting
- Troubleshoot complex issues and collaborate with other team members to help resolve them
- Help, support and educate our IT Support team
- Monitor, maintain and improve the server estate
Interested? To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Server 2003 – 2012 operating systems
- Experience of Microsoft Exchange 2010, SQL Server, Active Directory, Group Policy and SharePoint
- Experience of working with a ticket and/or case management system, such as FreshService
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to prioritise your workload
Experience of working with Office 365 would be beneficial. Knowledge of HTTP/S, SMTP, DNS, LDAP or similar protocols would also be an advantage, as would knowledge of MS SQL Server 2005-onward, IIS, Sitefinity CMS or .NET.
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a 3rd Line Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Helpdesk Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, Senior IT Support Analyst or IT Helpdesk Engineer.
What are the benefits?
- The chance to make a positive impact on our organisation in a short space of time
- Challenging, varied and technical work
- Enthusiastic working environment within an iconic building
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply and the interview process will consist of a single stage of interviews. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Webrecruit and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of 3rd Line Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.