UHY Hacker Young is a Top 20 firm of chartered accountants based near Tower Hill in the City. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network, we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to join a long-established private client team and to play a key role in providing tax advisory services and growing that side of the business. The role involves:
The provision of personal tax advisory services, with emphasis on the area of non-domiciled individuals and offshore structures; immigration and residence planning, remittance advice and TAA provisions are key areas.
Business development in the tax advisory area; and
Over time, the assumption of responsibility for a portfolio of mixed compliance/advisory clients.
For the right candidate the role offers an opportunity to become involved in the running of the department and fast track promotion.
- A background with a well-regarded private client team is desirable
- The Applicant should have significant experience of advising non-domiciled individuals and offshore trustees, including instructing Counsel
- Experience of Inheritance Tax planning, including cross-border issues is also useful
- A broad knowledge of all personal taxes is essential
- Candidates who can bring additional specialist skills to the department will be looked on favourably
- Successful candidate will be CTA qualified as a minimum (the firm will offer study support to applicants wishing to study for the STEP qualification)
The working week: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 9.30AM to 5.30PM with flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement
- The ability to ‘purchase’ extra days leave in salary sacrifice
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental cover at discounted rates
- Subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First
- Life assurance (4x salary)
- Season ticket loan (for travel)
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
- Pension Scheme arrangements
- Mobile phone contribution costs.