Safety Education Co-ordinator
Full time position 37 hours
Salary: £25,463 - £29,909 per annum Grade 4
Excellent annual leave allowance and Flexible Working Hours
Onsite Gym Facilities
The role of the Safety Education Co-ordinator is to work as part of a small team co-ordinating, developing and designing RBFRS’s safety education and related community safety initiatives in order to fulfil our core function of promoting fire safety and also our wider remits of promoting road and water safety and supporting children and young people.
The key focus of this role is:
• to take a lead role within the team in the co-ordination of specific safety education subject areas or initiatives
• to deliver specialised safety education or initiatives.
• to deliver training to RBFRS staff so they can deliver safety education and initiatives
• to carry out quality assurance of RBFRS’s safety education or initiatives
Key role requirements:
• deliver information effectively to a range of audiences
• good presentation skills to engage an audience
• able to work with groups of young people with challenging inappropriate behaviour
• organisational skills to be able to work unsupervised to meet time limits and deadlines
• holds and maintains a current EU driving licence
For further details about the role please contact Nicola Clark, Commissioned Services and Safety Education Manager at email@example.com to arrange an informal discussion.
If you require any help with your application, please either email HR@rbfrs.co.uk or call 0118 938 4550
Please note we do not accept applications via Agencies or CV’s without an accompanying application form.
Closing date for applications is 1700 hours Friday 13th September
It is anticipated that the interview process will run week commencing 26th September 2018
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to equality of opportunity, and is actively seeking a more diverse workforce. If you are disabled and meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.