C# ASP.NET Developer (Contractor Role)
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
We’re now looking for a C# ASP.NET Developer to join our team for a three month contract and develop and advance our proprietary applications.
As a C# ASP.NET Developer, you will:
- Take responsibility for on-going development and BAU development support for our proprietary applications
- Discover, analyse and understand our suite of bespoke web applications
- Drive forward application development
- Identify areas of improvement within each application
- Gather requirements from internal stakeholders and external parties
- Co-ordinate requirements, schedules and development activities
- Contribute to team meetings
- Troubleshoot development and production problems
- Design database architecture and server scripting that integrates applications
- Establish connectivity between network systems, search engines and assistance tools
Our C# ASP.NET Developer will need:
- Experience of analysing and documenting an existing suite of applications from scratch
- Demonstrable skills in systems analysis, technical documentation, requirements capture, and SOLID principles
Ideal candidates will also have experience with SiteFinity CMS, or similar, however this is by no means essential.
We are eager to hear from candidates with experience as a C# ASP.NET Developer, .NET Developer, C# Developer, Application Developer, Application Programmer, ASP. NET Developer, or .Net Programmer.
- £400 - £450 per day
- The chance to advance your skills with a leading Engineering Institute
- Support application development from the ground up
- Make a real difference to development outcomes
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of the closing date for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
To apply for the role of C# ASP.NET Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.