UHY Hacker Young is a Top 15 firm of Chartered Accountants based near Tower Hill in the City. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
Working within the London office, the Business Advisory Group has approximately 40 staff across all grades.
The Business Advisory Group client base is varied by size and type, as would be expected of a Top 15 firm.
As an Audit & Accounts Semi-Senior, your typical daily duties will include;
• Leading audits of smaller owner-managed businesses, SMEs and UK subsidiaries of large multinational groups
• Being part of the larger audit teams and ensure that all work is carried out to a high standard and all queries are resolved with the client satisfactorily where possible
• Guide and supervise more junior members of staff
• Accounts preparation in accordance with the firm’s procedures
• Other adhoc consultancy assignments
The working week: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 9.30AM to 5.30PM with occasionally some flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands
Location: Your principal work base is our London Office. However, you will be required to spend time working at client premises.
• 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
• Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement
• The ability to ‘purchase’ extra days leave in salary sacrifice
• Private medical insurance at discounted rates
• Private dental cover at discounted rates
• Subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First
• Life assurance (4x salary)
• Season ticket loan (for travel)
• Childcare voucher scheme
• ACA or ACCA Part Qualified
• IT skills: MS office especially Excel; we use CCH Accounts Production and CCH Audit Automation (Pro Audit)
• All applicants must have reasonable audit & accounts experience commensurate with the role.
• Familiarity with IFRS and UK GAAP
• Possess good communication skills as well as active engagement with clients
• Able to foresee issues and find workable solutions
• Proactive in dealing with each assignment
• Take an active interest and take ownership of each assignment