Retail Manager – Successful Charity
Wexham Park Hospital
Our client is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. They are now looking for a Retail Manager to join their team working 35 hours, five days per week between Monday and Sunday.
If you’re a passionate retail professional seeking your next challenge, this is a superb opportunity to take on a highly rewarding role with an established charitable organisation.
This is your chance to become an integral member of a passionate team, make a positive impact and deliver key services to staff, visitors and patients at a busy site. You’ll receive great induction training prior to commencing your role and ongoing support to ensure you can make a success of both your retail career and the shop.
As the Retail Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing our client’s busy retail shop in Wexham Park Hospital.
Overseeing a team of paid staff and volunteers, you’ll motivate them to deliver great customer service and perform tasks in-line with our client’s standards. You’ll recruit new team members and develop their skills to ensure that they fulfil their potential.
Managing resources, you will promote the service locally, respond to enquiries and ensure that any issues are swiftly resolved.
You’ll forge excellent working relationships with key local contacts, including health trusts, suppliers and voluntary organisations, to further develop our client’s service.
Additionally, you will take responsibility for:
- Finances including costs, profit and loss budgets and sales
- Stock, including ordering, deliveries and controls
- The team, including motivation, development, training, rotas, staff planning, recruitment, and HR
- Stores, including standards, H&S, promotions, merchandising and customer services
- Communications both internally and externally
- Supporting a variety of fundraising activities.
Interested? To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of working in a retail or customer service environment
- Knowledge of EPOS systems
- The ability to proficiently use industry standard IT systems, such as Microsoft Office, email and the Internet to a basic level
Organised and focused, as the Retail Manager, you must have great interpersonal and communication skills. You must also have a team player mentality and superb planning abilities.
Please note, this is a full time role, working 35 hours, five days per week, between Monday and Sunday.
The closing date for applications is the 29th December 2018. Interviews are scheduled to be held from the 29th December 2018.
To apply for the role of Retail Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Retail Manager, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Retail Supervisor, Customer Service Manager, Customer Service Supervisor, Café Manager, Coffee Shop Manager, Retail.