Scottish autism seeks to promote and provide care, education, support and opportunities for individuals with autism of all ages throughout Scotland.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Autism Practitioner with an interest in developing a career working with individuals on the Autism Spectrum.
In this role, you will be an integral member of an established staff team contributing to and ensuring a high quality of care and support for an individual on the Autism Spectrum with complex needs. We currently provide around the clock support for this individual living within his own home in the Kilmarnock area and would ideally like the successful candidate to have local knowledge or be willing to commit to finding opportunities within the local community and further afield. Support provision will be on a needs assessed basis and will reflect the ethos of promoting independence and personal choice ensuring this individual receives the physical, practical and emotional support that meets his needs. The successful candidate should also be a driver to ensure flexibility that maximises the opportunities for this individual.
Suitable candidates will have an appropriate qualification for this position such as SVQ in Social Services and Healthcare or be willing to work towards attaining this qualification. Previous experience of working in a relevant field is desirable. You will have good interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to communicate effectively. Some practical experience using Microsoft software packages such as word and excel would also be beneficial to this role.
We will offer you:
• A competitive salary from (£9. per hour + additional payments for overtime, sleepovers and waking night shifts)
• 32 days holiday (which increases with your length of service)
• HSF Health Cash Plan, for a monthly premium (from £7.75) you & your family can claim back expenses for dental, optical and other health care expenses
• Employee Benefits offering discounts to High Street Shops, Cinemas and Gym Memberships
• Sector leading training from day one including fully funded support to complete your necessary SVQ Level 3
• The opportunity to be part of one of the leading innovators in Autism Practice in the UK
Experience isn’t necessary due to the training we offer, however we need people who share the following values with Scottish Autism:
• Team work
• Flexibility – we need staff who can work flexibly over 7 days
Although experience is not a necessity, the ability to join the PVG scheme, or undergo a PVG scheme update is a condition for employment with Scottish Autism.
This post is subject to a PVG Disclosure check.
Closing Date: 12th December 2018
Interview Date: 19th December 2018
Valuing diversity and promoting equal opportunities is at the heart of our vision, mission and values.