Job Title: Shop Manager
Location: Based in Ripon
Contract Type: Permanent, full time (35 hours per week)
What is the role?
Blue Cross shops play a vital role in not only raising money to help pets but also by promoting the charity and raising awareness of the work we do. As Shop Manager you will be responsible for driving sales to achieve set targets for the shop and maximising profit through effective cost control.
With strong commercial awareness and the ambition to succeed you will need to be able to demonstrate creativity and innovation to identify income opportunities whilst working closely with the local community and businesses. You will provide effective leadership and motivation of your shop team on a daily basis whilst ensuring that the highest standards of shop floor presentation and customer service are delivered at all times.
You will work 35 hours per week over five days on a rota to include Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Retail management experience
• Commercial awareness to deliver sales
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong external relationships
• Good IT skills and a basic understanding of finance
• Good people management skills
• Excellent customer service skills
It would also be great if you had:
• Full driving licence
• Experience of working with volunteers
• Experience of fundraising
What’s in it for me?
Working for Blue Cross is very rewarding; we have been dedicated to helping pets since 1897! We value our brilliant employees and offer competitive benefits including:
• Salary £18,232 per annum
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Pension scheme
• Company Sick Pay
• Life Insurance
For the full details of this role please read the attached job description.