Vacancy: Business Analyst
Contract Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Head of Business and Transformation & Performance
Salary: Dependent on Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Hours: 37 hours per working week
This role will be accountable for defining the As-is and To-be business processes, incorporating business rules and associated metrics, within the agreed scope of project work.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
1. Ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience as Business Analyst within Life & pensions or Financial services sector.
2. Demonstrable knowledge and skills of Target Operating Model redevelopment.
3. Advanced business process analysis experience and knowledge.
4. Ability to work effectively within a complex business change environment and matrix programme construct.
5. Ability to work effectively within a complex business change environment and whilst providing suggestions for process efficiencies.
6. Utilize effective communication skills including the ability to influence and build good working relationships across a range of team and levels both internally and externally.
7. Demonstrable advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail.
8. Promotes positive behaviour through own actions and attitude with the ability to deliver solutions within a team environment and be a flexible and supportive team player.
9. An understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of LPP’s commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity.
Lead Business Analysis activities
1. Develop and maintain a good understanding of LPP business strategy.
2. In defined areas contribute to the redevelopment of the Target Operating Model including process, organisational and people impacts.
3. Responsible for the development of an organisation wide approach to process definition within the organisation.
4. Accountable for providing direction and support to the other Business Analysts.
Business Analysis activities
1. Lead on the use of structured process analysis methods e.g. swim-lanes and/or use cases to define all levels of process, across the breadth of the Pensions Administration business, including:
b. completion conditions
c. the interactions and inter-dependencies between processes
d. interactions and handover conditions for other parts of the business.
2. Responsible for the effective application of LPP business strategy to the process definition.
3. Accountable for ongoing rationalisation of business process variances whilst driving the creation of consistency across the
4. Lead on the provision of re-engineering existing and definition of new processes through close liaison with business colleagues.
5. Translate process definitions into a set of functional & non-functional business requirements.
6. Robustly challenge the business in the production of requirements.
7. Ensure that all detailed requirements can be traced back to the HL requirements.
8. Ensure that requirements are catalogued, prioritised & MoSCoW’d.
9. Employ data modelling techniques as required.
Project Consultancy & Support activities
1. Lead on the provision of an internal consultancy service, as required, to explain the process requirements in detail.
2. Responsible for conducting walkthroughs with business & IT colleagues.
3. Accountable for the effective communication to all internal/external stakeholders involved to ensure knowledge of LPP processes.
4. Identify & communicate any risks, issues, assumptions & constraints to the Project Manager.
5. Provide the requirement impact analysis for CR’s raised including estimates.
6. Support all project phases, providing solution consultancy and guidance.
7. Lead accountability on all testing phases – providing consultancy and guidance to support the production of a test strategy, defect resolution and defect impact analysis.
8. To contribute and actively support LPP’s equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives as directed
How to Apply
You can apply for this role by submitting a CV and covering letter confirming your current remuneration package.
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete a numerical assessment and will receive feedback.
We regret that we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Applications should be sent ideally by email to email@example.com or to the HR team based at LPP, 2nd Floor 169 Union Street, London, SE1 0LL by the closing date below. For any questions around applying and/or further details in relation to the position please do not hesitate to contact the HR team.
Closing date for applications: We invite all applicants to apply as soon as possible and please note that the campaign will close when enough applications have been received.
LPP is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise our ability to provide quality services to all our customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Reasonable adjustment will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work.