Vacancy: PMO Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Head of Business and Transformation & Performance
Salary: Dependent on Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Hours: 37 hours per working week
LPP Group require a PMO Manager to establish and run LPP’s Project Management Office. This role will provide governance across the enterprise portfolio of change / transformation programmes undertaken by LPP Group.
1. Establish and ensure compliance with a standard governance model, with specific responsibility for managing and coordinate programme boards and reporting.
2. Establish and manage a centre of excellence for Programme and Project delivery including a library of standard artefacts.
3. Manage and report enterprise level budgets and resourcing and reporting both to programme boards and an enterprise level transformation board.
At LPP Change Portfolio level
1. Compile the current business-change portfolio and details of potential additional programmes and projects.
2. Integrate the current business-change portfolio and organisational strategy, identifying opportunities for optimization.
3. Establish and maintain the capability to deliver a balanced, prioritised portfolio of change, clearly aligned with organisational strategy.
4. Establish and maintain capacity planning and resource management service.
5. Establish and maintain a decision-support service through management dashboards.
6. Co-ordinate programme and project activity across the portfolio to minimise bottlenecks (e.g. decision-making bodies) and constraints.
7. Establish benefits management and strategy realisation links to performance measurement.
At constituent Programme Level
1. Facilitate progress towards the achievement of strategic outcomes for each of the programmes by maintaining a programme management methodology and ensure that it is consistently applied and continuously approved.
2. Act as the information hub to support effective governance, prioritisation and performance.
3. Support strategic governance and senior stakeholder engagement through management reporting at a highlight level or by exception (where required).
4. Support the assurance of the delivery of each programme through gated reviews and health checks on behalf of relevant boards.
5. Improve cost management approaches across programmes.
At constituent Project Level
1. Support more effective project delivery through the maintenance of a project management methodology, processes and supporting system, skills management and the provision of advisory services.
2. Support more efficient project management through the centralised management of key components of the project management process across projects.
3. Assure the quality of project management outputs through a flexible governance structure to monitor all projects, project health checks and ad hoc assurance of key project management components.
4. Enable higher-quality results with more realistic project plans.
5. Improve cost management approaches for projects.
6. Additionally, the role will provide additional project management capacity for small projects.
Actively support the LPP’s equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, as directed.
The post holder will demonstrate:
1. Experience within Pensions/Finance/Local Government at a senior level within Business Change/IT.
2. Substantial experience of leading a PMO with authority - supporting programmes or portfolios of projects, involving third party suppliers.
3. Proven experience of managing budgets and conducting financial analysis, accruals, burn rate and forecasting.
4. Proven experience of providing PMO support to portfolios/programmes across complex multiple business units.
5. Strong written and spoken communication skills - must be able to deliver messages clearly and articulately to all audiences.
6. Thorough understanding of programme and project management practices and processes, including project life cycles - ideally possessing a project/portfolio/PMO qualification.
7. Experience of setting up a Project Management Office.
8. Experience of using project/programme/portfolio management tools.
9. Ability to manage multiple senior stakeholders' requirements and competing priorities.
10. Strong MS Office skills (able to create/maintain complex spreadsheets containing large amounts of data; formulas).
11. Able to prepare complex data in a simple to understand formats e.g. dashboards.
12. Good stakeholder management and influencing skills with colleagues, partners/vendors & project sponsors.
13. Experienced in impact analysis and independent risk assessment.
14. Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
15. Self-starter - works well with ambiguity & motivated with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
16. A proactive, self-motivated team player who has the ability to manage a high personal workload with multiple deadlines and continually strive for improvements in quality, efficiency and presentation.
17. An understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of LPP’s commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity.
How to Apply
You can apply for this role by submitting a CV and covering letter confirming your current remuneration package.
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete a numerical assessment and will receive feedback.
We regret that we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Applications should be sent ideally by email to email@example.com or to the HR team based at LPP, 2nd Floor 169 Union Street, London, SE1 0LL by the closing date below. For any questions around applying and/or further details in relation to the position please do not hesitate to contact the HR team.
Closing date for applications: We invite all applicants to apply as soon as possible and please note that the campaign will close when enough applications have been received.
LPP is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise our ability to provide quality services to all our customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Reasonable adjustment will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work.